Moving can be one of the most frustrating experiences for anyone. Whether you’re moving into your first apartment or to a retirement home, it’s always challenging to figure out how to transport all of your belongings from point A to point B with the least amount of stress and hassle. If you are looking for an efficient way to move that doesn’t break the bank, furniture removal might just be what you need!
When It’s Time to Do Furniture Removal
When it comes to moving and disposing of old furniture, you’ll need plenty of help. Removing large sofas, buffets, credenzas or hutches from your home may require at least two people with a helping hand for navigating and clearing the pathway. A suitable vehicle is also needed as most pieces will not fit in any sedan or SUV!
When you’re ready to get rid of your old furniture, it’s important not only that the truck or cargo van is available but also that someone willing and able to load up all those heavy pieces.
Removing Old Furniture: Three Options
As a homeowner, the best way to get rid of old furniture is typically not an easy decision. But there are three ways you can permanently remove it from your home:
1) Donate Your Old Furniture
- If possible, gift it to a family member or close friend who can use your unwanted furniture. Or you might find a neighbor in need of a gently used, couch or recliner.
- There are a number of charity organizations that will take used furniture that is in good shape. You should always call to check ahead before dropping off large furniture items.
2) Sell Your Old Furniture
- You can sell furniture on sites like Craig’s List and eBay. In addition, sites such as Nextdoor and Chairish are also great for old furniture. Always upload good photos, clear descriptions, and to mention any stains or damage.
- In many towns and cities you can find local consignment shops that will take your old sofa or couch and display it for sale – and you get that old furniture out of your home.
3) Hire Professional Furniture Removal
- You can hire someone with a truck to haul it away for you. Buy you may have to carry that heavy couch, sofa or recliner out the front door yourself. And you may have to help load it, too.
- Hiring a professional junk hauling firm for furniture disposal like Staten Island Junk Removal is a far better choice. We do all the heavy lifting for you and take it all away quickly and efficiently.
With Staten Island Junk Removal, you don’t have to worry about the heavy lifting. They’re experts at removing and hauling furniture so that all your belongings are handled with care.
When you need to dispose of an old sofa, mattress, dishwasher or trash compactor think about Staten Island Junk Removal. You can book online today and get a free estimate for your removal needs in as little as 24 hours!